Hampi – A tale from the past In the 14th century, Hampi was the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire. According to the…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Hampi – A tale from the past
In the 14th century, Hampi was the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire.
According to the Persian and European travelers’ accounts, Hampi was a thriving, opulent, and grand city near the Tungabhadra River, with several temples, farms, and commercial markets. By 1500 CE, Hampi-Vijayanagara had grown to become the world’s second-largest medieval-era city, after Beijing, and India’s richest, attracting traders from Persia and Portugal.
The Vijayanagara Empire was defeated by a coalition of Muslim sultanates in 1565, and its capital, Hampi, was seized, pillaged, and destroyed by sultanate soldiers.
The ruins are spread over 4,100 hectares (16 sq mi) in Karnataka, near the modern-day city of Hosapete, and have been described by UNESCO as an “austere, grandiose site” of more than 1,600 surviving remains of the last great Hindu kingdom in South India, including “forts, riverside features, royal, and sacred complexes, temples, shrines, pillared halls, mandapas.
In the 2.5 days tour, we will try to cover major tourist attractions in the city along with a detailed explanation of history and temple architecture.
Places covered are listed as below –
- Shree Virupaksha Temple
- Hemakuta Hill Temple
- Vijaya Vitthala Temple
- Matanga Hill
- Saasivekaalu Ganesha
- Kadalekalu Ganesha
- Lakshmi Narasimha Temple
- Hampi Archeological Ruins
- Hazara Rama Temple
- Elephant Stables
- Royal Enclosure
- Lotus Mahal
- Hampi Bazaar
- Queen’s Bath
- Nandi bull
- Pattabhirama Temple
- Archaeological Museum
Day 0 -
Board the evening Bus at 8.00 PM. Overnight Journey to Hampi (Total distance of 530 KM)
Day 1 -
Arrive at Hospet. Check into the hotel, fresh n up, have a nice breakfast, and get ready for an expedition of Hampi. A full-day exploration of ruins of Hampi. In the evening return to the hotel and relax. Stay at Hospet/Kamlapur.
Day 2 -
After breakfast leave for the remaining expedition of Hampi. Explore some fascinating monuments of Hampi. Spend an evening at Hemkut Hill and experience the tranquil surroundings of Hampi. Reach the hotel by evening. Stay at Hospet.
Day 3 - We will cover the remaining places of Hampi and start our return journey to Pune by 2 PM.
- Travel from Pune to Hampi and Back in high Back/push Back 17 seater Non-AC Bus (It will be night travel)
- Accommodation in comfortable and convenient hotels on twin sharing.
- Rooms to get Fresh in the morning on day 1
- All meals. ( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Evening Tea- set menu)
- Karnataka Government border Entry Tax
- Entrance fees of all sightseeing
- Heritage Expertise of Firasti
- Cost of insurance
- Cost of Pre/Post-tour accommodation
- We are not going to do a coracle ride. Hence those charges are excluded.
- Any extra expenses such that porterage, laundry, telephone, shopping, alcoholic beverages, mineral water, items of personal nature, and food or drink which is not part of a set menu.
- Personal order of Food.
- Any extra expenses incurred due to illness, accident, hospitalization of an individual.
- Additional charges for any special request by the member at the hotel.
- Anything specifically not mentioned in the inclusions.
Account Holder's Name- Shantanu Paranjape
Bank Name- Kotak Mahindra Bank
IFSC code- KKBK0001764
Account Number- 2112803142
For paytm and upi payment the mobile number is 8793161028
If cancellation received 30 days prior to departure - 90% refund
If cancellation received 30-20 days prior to departure - 70% refund
If cancellation received 20-10 days prior to departure - 60% refund
If cancellation received 10-00 days prior to departure - No Refund
2 ltrs water
Enerzyl Powder or Glucon D powder
Snacks & Biscuits
Extra Pair of Clothes
Clean napkin or small towel
Cap, sunglasses, scarf
Haversack or Backpack (No sling bags)
Please carry medicines if you need any
3000 Rs advance to paid at the time of booking.
Entire amount to be paid 15 days prior to the departure.
If any sightseeing mentioned is not done due to any unforeseen circumstances then an alternate sightseeing will be done.